Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages
Job Title: Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages
About the Company:
This is an existing succesful lender that is building their proposition in commercial property lending. They are currently one of the largest 2nd charge mortgage lenders in the UK. They consider individual circumstances to find a way to help. The team has a fantastic culture and they are looking for dynamic individuals who want to be part of a growing team.
About the Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgagesrole:
This is a fantastic opportunity to be invoved in building the credit risk function, policies, procedures and team for a new vertical within an existing growing lender.
- Assess new lending applications for quality, credit risk, and adherence with the bank’s policies and lending appetite whilst giving a market leading service to the Bank’s customers and stakeholders.
- This may include presenting alternative lending solutions to that originally submitted.
As the Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages your responsibilities and duties will include:
Build the credit policy, risk framework, procedures and governance
- Recruit and build a credit team to support new business generation
Ensure all commercial mortgage applications and loan modifications are effectively and timely processed in line with mortgage policy, procedures and service level expectations
Use your personal lending mandate to underwrite commercial real estate mortgage applications, further advances and loan modifications in line with lending policy, ensuring the principles of conduct risk, TCF, responsible lending and all relevant regulatory principles (e.g. KYC, AML) are observed and detailed affordability assessments are complete.
Package and refer cases outside of personal lending mandate to appropriate mandate holders or present to Credit Committee as required
Communicate, with customers, intermediaries and related 3rd parties to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind lending decisions and ensure that productive working relationships are maintained.
Provide support across the business to the design, build, testing and maintenance of lending origination workflow, process and procedures.
Maintain a thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures within the department to provide guidance and improve / update to ensure they are always fit for purpose.
Represent the Underwriting Team at Credit Committee as required, offering commercial lending-oriented expertise; preparing & presenting papers as required.
To comply with and/or ensure compliance with all Data Protection Policies
If you are currently in a similar role in commercial/corporate banking but are looking for a challenge in an exciting business this is the ideal next step in your career
Essential Skills and Competencies of the Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages
• Responsibilities will include analysing, assessing and summarising individual property lending cases for Professional Landlords and also trading businesses / owner-occupiers
• Approving within your own delegated mandate or provide recommendations to the appropriate approval authority
Desired Skills and Competencies of the Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages
- Experience of credit policy and risk setting.
- Substantial exposure to Commercial banking sector in both customer facing and credit risk roles
- Experience operating with a substantial lending mandate in a commercial lending underwriting environment, covering a variety of sectors and lending types.
- Substantial credit writing/assessment abilities covering customer, financial, serviceability & security assessments.
- Full understanding of commercial legal, valuation processes along with wider commercial risk issues.
- Demonstrates a full understanding of Responsible Lending & TCF
For more information about the Head of Credit - Commercial Mortgages or to apply send your CV now