Local Support Technician
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely with East Sussex County Council to provide them with a Local Support Technician on a 3 month initial contract.
This role is 37 hours per week Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £12-£14 per hour dependent on experience.
To be a successful Welfare Assistance Officer, you will:
- Assist with and process customers’ applications for discretionary funds including Discretionary Housing Payment, Council Tax Support Hardship Fund and Local Welfare Provision.
- Provide money and debt advice, carry out home visits and work with voluntary and community organisations and other internal and external organisations to ease customers’ hardship.
- To decide the claims and notify applicants of the outcome of their applications
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience/skills:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Welfare Benefits legislation and procedures and the ability to keep abreast of changes of legislation.
- Evidence good analytical skills, using them to examine case files on a wide range of issues, and to make decisions applying discretion in an impartial manner.
- Possess good communication skills and to be able to communicate effectively in a variety of ways in liaison with customers, council staff and external agencies
If you wish to be put forward for this position, please apply below and contact Cameron @ Spencer Clarke Group.