Hardware Development Engineer
Pico Technology is a UK-based manufacturer of high-precision PC-based oscilloscopes and automotive diagnostics equipment, founded in 1991. Pico's product range includes the PicoScope line of PC-based oscilloscopes, data loggers, automotive equipment, and most recently, handheld USB-based oscilloscopes.
We are looking for a talented Hardware Engineer or someone from a Software background wanting to go into Hardware, and who is looking to join an exciting team developing the next generation pc-based oscilloscopes. We offer a stimulating environment with the opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team of talented engineers. There will be ample opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute/learn new skills in digital and analogue electronics including FPGA/VHDL, schematic capture, PCB CAD, design analysis and 3D Modelling. Enthusiasm and a positive 'can do’ attitude is a pre-requisite.
The role itself:
- Circuit design and simulation experience focused on digital and/or analogue/RF electronics
- Understanding of circuit debugging and test methodologies
- Experience with microcontrollers and/or embedded application processors/SoCs
- Understanding of firmware and software interactions with microcontroller-based designs
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a cross-functional product design team
- Documentation of design decisions and implementation trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
Additionally, skills in any of the following will be of value:
- Schematic capture and layout for complex high-speed mixed signal custom PCBs
- Switch mode Power Supply (SMPS) design
FPGA technology, especially VHDL and Xilinx Vivado using technologies such as Spartan, Kintex
- Development of embedded firmware in C or C++
- Digital Signal Processing and high-speed memory interfaces
- Experience with standard lab equipment (i.e oscilloscopes or spectrum analysers) would be highly beneficial
In return Pico Technology prides itself on our working environment and excellent benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- 23.5 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to a maximum of 28.5 days
- Profit related pay bonus
- Company pension
- Annual salary review
- 4x Death in Service
- Garden to relax or eat in
- On site hairdressing, cycle to work scheme as well as an active social calendar which has previously included quad biking, haunted house tours, punting and much more!
- Table tennis table, pool table, arcade machine and much more
If this sounds like you and you want to join a company that thrives on its employees and will provide you with an excellent career do not hesitate in applying for immediate consideration.