Job Title: General Machinist
Salary: £24000 - £28000PA - 40hrs PW Plus overtime at time ½
Shifts: 1 in 4 - 15:30 - 12 midnight
Benefits: Pension, Health, Life Cover
Our Client is a leading worldwide special purpose machinery company are seeking a General Machinist to be part of the team in the machine shop based in Daventry. You would be part of the deliver of bespoke services for each job that comes in, overtime will probably be required (but not guaranteed).
The main part of the role is your knowledge of General Turning, Boring, Screw cutting, General milling, Keyways, High precision machining. Speeds and feeds with knowledge of Carbon steels, Stainless Steel, Phosphorus Bronze (Advantage). It would be an advantage to programme CNC machine tools or if no knowledge of particular operating system, willing to learn.
Please note: the idea candidate will be flexible on shifts and would be paid an additional payment for working the shift at an above average rate, also you could be less experienced but still know your way around a machine shop and willing to learn new ways of working.
Responsibilities of the General Machinist role.
· Have an understanding and some training of Health and Safety requirements to work in an engineering environment.
· To be able to read a detail planning/process sheets.
· To be fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
· Be able to operate and show experience of working more than one of the following machine tools: Centre Lathes, Milling machine, Vertical Borer, Jig Borer, Surface Grinding
· Must have good knowledge of tooling used on machines.
· Experience of machining a variety of materials used in engineering.
· Able to programme CNC machine tools or if no knowledge of particular operating system, willing to learn.
· Be able to complete in writing every day, documentation that is relevant to our business such as Planning sheets, Inspection reports and Time sheets etc.
· Keep the machine tools, the workshop and the working area clean and safe.
· Undertake other duties that will improve the working environment or assist other areas needing help.
· Sometimes call outs to customer sites maybe required.
General Machinist Professional Qualifications
· Must have served a recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering relevant to a machine shop.
· Must be able to show college qualifications (City & Guilds or NVQ).
· To have gained Health and Safety training.
· Low volume manufacturing,
· Tool making
· Repair/maintenance background.
· Heavy Engineering
· Driving Licence.
Please click apply or call direct for more information on /