Software Support Engineer
Software Support Engineer
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £55,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our client’s team is growing, so they are on the lookout for a passionate Software Support Engineer to join their Software Engineering Team based at their Halifax office, working with a team of 15 engineers.
The purpose of the Software Support Engineer will be:
Providing software support for a variety of systems, investigating live issues and providing support to other internal teams. Development and implementation of software enhancements. This role requires you to be on an out of hours on call rota for 1 in 3 weeks.
Our client would like to meet a Software Support Engineer with:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a production support role, working to tight deadlines.
- Good and extensive experience of analysing issues and proposing solutions.
- Experience of liaising with Infrastructure and Customer Support teams.
- Experience of coding, developing and testing in C# and .NET in an agile/TDD environment.
- Strong unit testing capability to enable the development of quality code.
- Experience of working across a number of teams in different locations.
The Software Support Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Efficient and proactive handling of production incidents.
- Ensuring quality development process, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Ensure a high quality of test developed software is created.
- Documentation is produced to required standard for Development.
- Ensure deadlines are met with realistic deadlines, and reports are regularly sent through.
- Solutions are applied following analysis and evaluation of enquiries and reports.
- Quality Indicator is published after each release and advise of tolerances.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- The opportunity to be yourself.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
What are our client’s values?
Our client has a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and their values describe what makes them unique and captures the spirit that runs through everything they do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. They believe that their diversity makes them stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, they celebrate and support everyone who works for them. Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities in their working practices and are proud of their inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that our client does not discriminate on any basis. Instead they continue to actively promote equality and grow their diverse workforce for the benefit of their customers, products, business and people.
To apply for the role of Software Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Software Support Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, IT Support Engineer, Application Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Development Support Engineer, IT Support.