My Client is based in Harrow and are an extremely progressive and ambitious company with great focus on career progression and development.
My client is recruiting for a Part-time Credit Controller, working 3 days a week, to handle credit assessments, decisions, collections and terms and conditions. The successful applicant will possess strong critical thinking and decision making skills. Your work will play a major role in maximising revenue and mitigating credit risk.
If you are obsessed with delivering great service, have a passion for detail, experienced in working to tight timelines, whilst bringing you're A game to work every day! Have a proven track record in solving problems, and are highly organized, you could be who we are looking for.
The successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to broaden their skills and gain new experiences, working in a dynamic environment.Requirements:
The Credit Controller is a key figure in supporting the financial function of the business. The day-to-day duties of the Credit Controller are varied and include managing the debts of creditors, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries and managing debt recovery.
You will have working knowledge of Accounts and Credit Control processes, prior experience is an advantage, but we will consider those looking for career progression.
The ideal candidate will be excited to collaborate with our sales and Customer service departments to implement an effective credit control system and resolve issues. You should have experience interacting and working with customers to ensure their needs are met and their credit fits in with the current risk portfolio. You should also understand when it's appropriate to renegotiate payment plans. You will be expected to provide financial reporting and analysis to executives, obtain feedback and make appropriate improvements.
This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the smooth running of accounts. The ideal candidate will display, the ability to listen to customers and negotiate winning solutions.
It will also be your responsibility to review debt recovery procedures and stop the supply of goods and/or services - or even start the serious process of legal action - if a client has paid late or missed multiple payments.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to continue and develop their career with a respected and long-standing business, whilst being able to maintain a lifework balance.
They are privileged to work within some of the country's most prestigious organizations & businesses which often brings us into contact with some of the world's elite therefore discretion and a high standard of work are key.
You will also be responsible for:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors
- Negotiate payment plans with customers
- Recording payments that are made
- Organising customer files
- Following up payments as needed
- Responding to relevant client enquiries
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting systems
- Preparation of statements, client status reports and all relevant information as required
- Managing sales ledger
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Tracing debtors who move without advising the company.
- Check customer's credit and approve or deny applications based on company standards and requirements
- Maintain accurate records, analyse the effectiveness of the company's credit control system
- and implement changes to improve profitability and reduce bad debts
- Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices
- Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal proceedings if necessary
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Proven track record of making successful credit decisions
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Familiarity with data entry and analysis
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and accountancy software
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- Possible qualification of CICM
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Mathematics or related field
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company
- Pension Scheme
- Possible career growth for the right candidate
- A stimulating & dynamic environment
- Investors in people
- Team bonding events
- Flexible working hours