Steiner Teaching Assistants required in KS2.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants and teaching mentors who want to work in a school which is centred on the Steiner approach.
This Steiner school are a in need of teaching assistants who can support in across Key Stage 2, particularly in Year 5, Year 6 and Year 7.
This Steiner school is a close community, with hard working staff and parents who are actively engaged in supporting the school.
What is Steiner Education?
- Steiner Education works for all children irrespective of academic ability, class, ethnicity or religion;
- Takes account of the needs of the whole child - academic, physical, emotional and spiritual;
- Is based on an understanding of the relevance of the different phases of child development;
- Develops a love of learning and an enthusiasm for school;
- Sees artistic activity and the development of the imagination as integral to learning.
Our ideal candidates will:
- Have a calm, positive and friendly nature.
- Have an interest in Outdoor Education
- Have an interest in, or be open to learning about Steiner Education
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Have experience working with behaviour, Autism or SEN within any setting.
We would also like to hear from you if you have had experience working in another alternative pedagogy including Montessori or Reggio Emilia.
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Opportunity to make a real difference and feel part of a close team that is striving for excellence.
- Extensive training and CPD
The Steiner curriculum and approach is very holistic and immersive. Children are encouraged to live and experience their learning and the use of media and IT is quite measured. Instead songs, games, drama and stories are used and there is a focus on multi-sensory teaching and outdoor education.
If you are interested in working in this Steiner school Please contact Gina to find out more.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.