System Administrator- 55k Windows Linux
You will be responsible for patching the companies estate of servers, in the cloud and Physical servers. Working with Application teams and arranging the correct time to execute patching and progressing this from Development to production environments
You must be able to communicate effectively, be proactive and highly involved in team participation, encompassing all team members both on-site and off-site.
You must have some experience working in Linux/Windows infrastructure, setting up servers in the cloud or virtual. The company offer opportunities to develop and progress, utilising new technologies on their industry leading websites and systems.
- Patch management Windows and Linux
- System Monitoring and troubleshoot alerts
- User management (account creation for new starters and remove access for leavers)
- Perform Upgrades and break fix
- Support Developers trouble shoot and ensure good practice and standards adhered
- Manage day to day task allocation within the sprint, for your tasks and for the QA team members
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS & WINS, Domains, Workgroups
- Knowledge of Linux OS flavours for example Ubuntu, Amazon, Redhat
- Knowledge of Windows OS flavours for example Windows 2008, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016
- Knowledge of Virtual machines and Cloud computing
- Understanding of risk identification and analysis
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, AWS, GCP, VMWare
Salary: 55k + 10% Bonus
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.