Audit & Accounts Senior Associate
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a well-established Accountancy Practice, who are seeking an Audit & Accounts Senior Associate to join their office based in Richmond. The successful individual will report directly to the firm's partners.
The firm is one of the leaders of the new generation of financial service companies, who are dedicated to using their financial experience and expertise to help grow and protect their clients’ businesses, income and wealth.
With every client cared for by one of their advisers, they can ensure both a proactive and professional service. Each adviser is an expert in at least one financial discipline whilst also remaining knowledgeable in our other fields. This ensures that their clients have direct access to the expertise they require and easy access to our wide range of experts from accountants and tax advisors to pension specialists and corporate financiers.
Accounts & Audit Senior Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity for a motivated, ambitious and client focused individual to join a fast growing, South West London based Practice as part of an outstanding Accounts and Audit team. The client constantly strives to exceed their clients’ expectations by delivering a high quality, client focused service. The Accounts and Audit team reflects this ethos and the successful candidate will be expected to support this.
Working in the Richmond office, though some travel may be required depending upon client commitments.
Typical tasks required:
- Audit work - assisting with audit planning, carrying out audit tests and assisting with audit completion both individually and as part of an audit team using CCH automated audit software;
- SME company accounts preparation in accordance with FRS 102/FRS 102 Section 1A
- Preparation of management accounts
- Sole trader/partnership accounts preparation from complete and incomplete books and records
- Corporation tax
- VAT returns
- Client development and advisory
- To form good relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Assessing and obtaining information needed for the preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Reporting to other members of the Accounts and Audit Team.
- ACCA studier with at least two year’s General Practice experience gained in a small to medium sized firm.
- Audit experience in planning, fieldwork and completion gained over a two year period is a necessity
- Must be competent in preparing accounts (sole trader, partnership and company accounts) based on incomplete books and records - the interview process will consist of questions to establish the level of competency in accounts preparation from incomplete books and records, including knowledge of audit testing under the ISA’s.
- Previous experience with bookkeeping and management accounts.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team.
- Good academic history, at least to A level or equivalent.
- Exemplary team player with a positive, client focused attitude.
- Working knowledge of: CCH Accounts Production, CCH Audit Automation, Xero, Quickbooks.
For more information on this Accounts and Audit Senior role, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.