Brilliant people skills will be needed as this role is both technical facing and business facing and the ability to translate highly technical information to a non-technical audience. You will be providing thought leadership and guidance to customers as well as be able liaise with stakeholders and SDFC users to define business practices and future implementations.
The Solution Architect will be expected to:
Have a superb understanding of code, without necessarily coding on a daily basis,and be an Agile technology leader.
Lead client projects from the solutions perspective whilst working to define technical architecture solutions and develop this into high value, complex Salesforce-based implementation designs,
Deliver best practice, utilizing emerging processes and development methodologies.
- Design and lead successful client implementations of quality SFDC technology solutions
- Understand the commercial constraints and ensure all technology decisions satisfy commercial and technical success criteria
- Design and develop innovative solutions that meet challenging business requirements while considering all factors such as performance, scalability, data security, operational effectiveness, cost and time to market
- Analyze requirements, determine, document and communicate the optimal design/development approach to meet the requirements
- Provide strong technical leadership internally and externally and advocate improved efficiency in solution design and implementation
- Lead clients and delivery teams to define and evolve solution concepts and architectures
- Confidently leading and actively participating in requirements and design workshops and meetings and challenging requirements and design assumptions.
- Define and govern technical direction and strategy internally and throughout project teams
- Write and present detailed design and technical specifications
- Contribute to and maintain a cohesive development framework and coding standards through communication and collaboration
- Apply project management skill to identify, develop, and implement techniques to progress engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- Ideally 4 + years implementing CRM applications, preferably in a Salesforce role.
- Preferable experience with CPQ and Order management, including CloudSense platforms
- 4 + years’ experience in demonstrated understanding of overall SFDC architecture and working knowledge of SFDC integration approach and architecture
- One or more Salesforce certifications (Developer Certification, Advance Developer Certification is desired - DEV-401 and DEV-501)
- Extensive Apex/ Visualforce development experience on the Force platform - for example, SFDC APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callout, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders and ETL Tools - e.g. DataStage)
- Experience working with a J2EE architecture: Java, XML, JSP, HTML, and SQL
- Understanding of the architectural principals of web-based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers
- Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- Experience of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, work independently and/ or collaboratively.
- Willingness to take ownership of problems to produce quality solutionsand experience developing software using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Commercial experience gained on large, complex projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent communicaton, able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and concepts at all levels.
- Ability to motivate and inspire technical staff and to work within tight deadlines
- Client management & relationship building skills
- Sound theoretical knowledge and practical experience of applying recognized solution design methods & techniques to complex business problems
Travel (50%+) will be required as part of this role