Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
As a Thomas Cook Retail Store Manager you’ll be coaching, developing and mentoring a team of Sales Consultants to ensure that our Customer is at the heart of everything we do! You will be inspiring the team to make someone’s dream holiday come true. You will also be leading the team in putting themselves in the customers flip flops to deliver on the perfect holiday, whilst ensuring Sales and Revenue targets are achieved with extras including holiday money, travel insurance and car hire . This role will allow you to experience the full range of leadership responsibilities, with the support and guidance of a Store Manager, and is a great opportunity to develop and expand on your skills and knowledge.
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the store whilst building and sustaining loyal and repeat customers by ensuring exceptional service is delivered consistently. You will be using your commercial skills to ensure that all of your local marketing opportunities are utilised in your location.
You’ll receive on-going development and have great future career opportunities within our retail network and beyond.
We have nearly 600 shops across the UK and put our customer at the heart of everything we do. To make sure we are available when our customers need us some of our stores are open in the evening and over the weekend, so you’ll need to be flexible with your working hours. We operate on variable shifts to cover this but we’ll make sure you know your shift pattern at least 4 weeks in advance.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experienced people manager with an inspirational, motivational and approachable leadership style
- Proven experience of driving profitability
- Results focused with experience of driving team performance
- Sound commercial acumen and the ability to make sense of cost control and profit data
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service consistently
- Experience in developing people through strong leadership and sales management
- Ability to support the team to be solution focused
- Be able to work as part of a team; we’re one Thomas Cook and love to achieve targets together
- This is a sales target environment so you’ll need to be motivated
- Travel experience and knowledge of foreign exchange isn’t necessary but would be really useful
- A confident and fun approach is essential
- Willingness to learn and a commitment to personal development
Perks of the role!
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 after 2 years
- Target driven bonus and incentives
- Excellent holiday concessions (including last minute employee offers giving you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at unbelievable prices!)
- Contributory Pension
- Great flexible benefits package (including childcare vouchers & discounted gym membership)
- Industry leading training
- Real career progression
- Chance to take part in exciting educational visits (such as attending the launch of new cruise ships, flights & hotel experiences)
Your career development is really important to us, so we’ll invest in a five week induction plan for you from the day you start in your new role. During this time, you’ll need to be available to work up to 37.5hrs a week (5 days over 7) to make sure you have all the knowledge you’ll need to work as a travel expert. In week two of your five week induction, you’ll spend four days at our Peterborough Head Office (overnight accommodation will be booked for you if needed) where you’ll meet other new retail colleagues and complete your training together. We’ve planned start dates each month throughout the year. If you’re invited for an interview, your interviewer will be able to explain more about this and answer any questions that you might have.
As a large global travel business, including overseas, tour operations and an airline, the sky really is the limit for your career progression. If you’re looking to start a fantastic new career journey with a leading international travel company, and you’ve got what it takes to be part of our winning team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.