Principal Clinical Psychologist HCPC Registered
Cygnet Beckton in East London is a well-established psychiatric in-patient hospital for female service users in crisis. The wards include a psychiatric intensive unit (PICU), a low secure, a personality disorder and a learning disability ward. Cygnet Beckton was rated 'Good' in the most recent CQC inspection and is proud to have hosted a visit in 2017 by HRH the Princess Royal.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time (preferably 4 days) Principal Clinical Psychologist to support the management and leadership of the psychology department as well as provide high quality direct psychological interventions including DBT. We are looking to appoint a highly skilled clinician with leadership skills and post- qualification training/experience of DBT to support our Personality Disorder ward and provide teaching/training on personality disorder & DBT to Psychology and non-psychology staff across the hospital. You will be joining an established team which was recipient of an 'Excellence in DBT' award by APT in 2018. You will also be part of a friendly and supportive team of psychology colleagues consisting of qualified clinical/counselling psychologists, a forensic psychologist, a CBT Therapist, Art Therapist, Music Therapist as well as Assistant Psychologists and post graduate trainees.
You will receive clinical supervision and operational management from the Head of Psychology and will have excellent opportunity for further specialist training and CPD in line with service needs as well as your own clinical interests. For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Head of Psychological Services onext 231/In this role you will:
- Ensure the systematic provision of assessments and evidence based clinical psychology interventions (including DBT) to service users in the Personality Disorder ward.
- Ensure that members of the multidisciplinary team including nursing staff have access to a psychologically based framework for understanding service users through the provision of advice, consultation and the dissemination of psychological knowledge and theory.
- Provide professional and clinical supervision to other psychologists and assistant psychologists working in the department.
- Provide specialist training on DBT & other psychological models to other professionals in the hospital.
- Regularly attend team multi-disciplinary and psychology department meetings.
- Manage and co-ordinate the workload of qualified psychologists and unqualified staff within the department, in particular the personality disorder ward.
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in clinical psychology (or equivalent if prior to 1996), leading to eligibility for chartered status with the BPS
- HCPC registration
- Post qualification DBT training
- Post qualification experience of delivering DBT
- Post qualification experience of working with personality disorder in acute/crisis settings.
- Minimum of 3-4 years post-qualification clinical experience
- Post qualification experience of providing clinical supervision
- Salary up to £50,000 pro rata (depending on experience)
- The opportunity to join an established Psychology department comprised of a range of professionals including Clinical/Counselling psychologists, Forensic Psychologist, Assistant Psychologists, Music Therapist, Art Therapist, CBT Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and trainees/students.
- Excellent CPD and opportunity for further training in DBT, Schema Focused Therapy, Supervision/Management & psychodynamic models of group dynamics.
- A commitment to providing high quality clinical supervision from the Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Peer support and opportunity for reflective practice as part of full day monthly psychology department meetings.
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years.Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to undergo ago an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For further information please contact Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Head of Psychological Services at .
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.