Global Senior Manager -Insight
Exciting opportunity focusing on an increasing awareness of emerging changes and to focus heavily on the consumer and tailwind, on-trend categories. This can truly unlock the potential to open up creative spaces in strategy, innovation & market/channel development, and reduce decision making blind spots & vulnerability to challenging surprises. This role is to inspire the business with Foresight understanding what will drive value in the future.
A global, leading FMCG business with a portfolio of name brands.
- Identify data and human network sources to understand the following questions and provide answers to the Global Food organisation: How are tastes evolving? What are the key cuisines, flavour, ingredient trends? Where are start-ups and private equity investing? What advances are there in technology - manufacturers and consumer adoption? What are key opinion leaders saying - chefs, celebrities, social media etc?
- Provide foresight-led tangible growth opportunities.
- Facilitate ideation from the foresight including Front End innovation and flavour workshops
- Lead the business in consumer closeness through a structured business-wide consumer closeness programme with key focus areas such as 1 month on packaging, 1 month on cooking etc - so that they are engaged both hearts and minds and truly understand and believe the consumer insight.
Work closely with the local CMI foresight roles to consolidate local foresight from the market and communicate Taste foresight to the markets.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field - MBA preferred. With at least 8 years of relevant experience
To include research experience of: strategic insight planning, brand research, human and cultural insights, long-range foresight projects that encompass horizon scanning for signals of emerging change, socio-cultural and ethnographic surveys, innovation and market/channel development research
- Experience in entrepreneurial, start-up businesses or another functional area is useful
- Experience in working in a multi-country/cultural working environment (global or regional), ideally with experience in both emerging and developed markets New Digital research tools - familiarity with fast innovation digital research tools, qual and quant
- Analytical excellence - high numeracy skills, advanced use of Excel
- Category growth - understanding of what drives category growth
- Proficient user of continuous data - Nielsen or other
- A passion and curiosity for understanding the consumer
A competitive day rate around £500-£550 P/D is on offer for the successful candidate.