Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Female Personality Disorder
Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You'll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you'll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a big difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Give your career a positive change.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Clinical / Forensic Psychologist with experience of working with adults with personality disorder to join us at Cygnet Hospital Colchester.
We are looking to recruit a Clinical/Forensic Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Colchester. This will be a full time role, working Monday to Friday 9:00 " 17:00.
This advertised role is to work in the female services for Personality Disorders. The Flower Adams service is a specialist service that supports up to 20 women within a locked rehabilitation setting. Flower Adams comprises of an acute service for 9 women as well as a rehabilitation service for 11 women. The women may also have additional mental health needs. The service is a psychologically informed and planned service providing stabilisation, assessment and treatment across two discrete clinical areas. This allows for an interpersonal approach that is consistent, boundaried, safe, resilient and clinically directed. The women are supported through multi-disciplinary therapeutic input.
The post will be supported by a Consultant Clinical Psychologist. You will be working in an established Psychology service in the hospital, and within a wider multi-disciplinary clinical team.In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide a high quality psychology informed service for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder within an in-patient setting. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a range of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision.
- To work closely with and support the MDT of clinicians and support staff, providing a psychological perspective, formulation and treatment pathway as part of the care programme approach.
- To take a lead role in the design and implementation of individual and group psychological programmes. You will need the ability to work independently as part of the multidisciplinary team. Experience in working within in-patient services and personality disorder would be an advantage although support will be available for newly qualified psychologists.
- To provide supervision and support to the assistant psychologists and trainee psychologists within the department.
- Competitive salary
- Supportive environment
- CPD opportunities
- Company pension
- Full induction training and ongoing mentoring and support is provided.
Cygnet offers excellent training opportunities, as well as a variety of staff benefits.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo ago an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please call Allison Sebley Consultant Clinical Psychologist on.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.