We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our team at Circle IT. Although our office is in Cardiff, we will consider any UK location.
Our Network Engineers form an integral part of our Technical Team who are responsible for working as part of a wider project and technical delivery team that carry-out cutting-edge networking implementations for our large and growing customer base. Our Network Engineers are also responsible for supporting the company’s network support operations centre service, ensuring that our customers are kept informed about matters relating to their network by responding to inbound telephone calls, emails and service requests.
Our Network Engineers possess strong customer service skills and have a strong background in IT project network and support.
The Network Engineer will also support some Service Desk escalations with multi-user issues to ensure we are providing our customers with an effective IT support and managed service.
Please note this is a field position and the successful candidate will be deploying exciting, cutting edge network projects across the UK so there will be travel involved, we aim to balance this wherever possible.
- Experience of working in an IT networking project/support role within a professional or corporate environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience of working to strict SLAs and exposure to SLA management.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Full UK driving license and access to own car.
- An understanding and appreciation of Windows Server, Virtualisation and Storage technologies.
- A Full DBS Check will need to be completed
- Networking skills in the following areas
oCCNA qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Firewalls Support, configuration & deployment
- Layer 1 Understanding of fibre optic cabling, constraints, technologies, grades, distances, applications, inc. OM1,2,3,4 SM1,SM2, 850nm - 1510nm technologies.
- Switching L2, STP, MSTP, RSTP, PVST | 802.3ad, 802.3aq, 802.1x | Ether channelling, Port Channels.
- Routing HSRP / VRRP | IPv4
- Wireless infrastructure Controllers, Autonomous and Lightweight Aps
Circle IT are a leading and award-winning IT solutions provider that specialise in providing IT support and services (including network installations, IT infrastructure, IT security, strategic consultancy and managed IT support) to a range of businesses nationally, from SMEs through to large multi-site organisations. Working in a dynamic, busy and agile working environment, we ensure quality is at the heart of our services and projects.