This role is perfect for someone who is a strong trader, negotiator and understands seasonal based trends. You will be managing a small team so management skills would be a real advantage.
My client is a well-established retailer who are rapidly expanding and becoming market leaders in their field. They are looking for a strong Senior Buyer who has a background in trading FMCG products.
The role of Senior Buyer in West London will have the following key responsibilities -
- To identify, source, and develop consumer facing label products and ranges to meet customer needs and business requirements which meet brand and commercial requirements, including availability levels, and which increase overall sales and participation.
- To develop, review and deliver national terms agreements through effective negotiations with suppliers on cost price (as RDCs are accountable for retail price) ensuring cost price is minimised, income is maximised, risk minimised and relevant benchmarks are applied to all cost price; branded and own brand
- Obtain, review and analyse supplier promotion plans in conjunction with marketing plans to identify, agree with suppliers and deliver a national promotional plan for the products in control, which is a consistent and competitive consumer offer and which increases income for the RDCs
- Build effective relationship with the RDCs/suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's plan and ensure that all stakeholders are communicated to and informed appropriately and effectively at all times
- To review, track and analyse the market both in terms of trends and competitor activity ensuring the trading plans for the area covered exploits the opportunities whilst risks and threats are mitigated
- To plan, negotiate and deliver the trading budgets with specific responsibility for the tracking, monitoring and delivery of the budgeted income
- To review stock levels of own brand and ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained at all times whilst write offs are minimised.
- To deliver appropriate stock levels via the bonded warehouse operation to meet RDCs' forecasts, ensuring minimum impact on aged stock
- To drive category growth in relation to category business plans, via promotional and sales plans.
- To develop own brand products in conjunction with the own brand development team in line with the overall category business plan.
The successful candidate for a Senior Buyer will have the following skills -
- Have a strong Purchasing background and understanding of category management.
- Be a team player and positively support other department projects.
- Be adaptable to a changing market and embrace the change.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a buyer.
- Demonstrate strong negotiating skills and have excellent communication with all levels of seniority.
- CIPS qualified or willing to work towards this and degree qualified is highly desirable.
- Strong Excel knowledge would also be desirable.
A competitive salary of £50k-£55k DOE plus fantastic benefits.