Delivery Manager Compliance
Delivery Manager [Compliance]
Salary: £37,019 p/annum [Grade 10]
Permanent | 37 hours /week
Closing Dates: Tuesday 12 March 2019
With an assessment centre being held 26th March in Halifax
Together Housing is a leading social housing association in the North of England, maintaining over 37,000 homes, and actively improving the lives of over 50,000 people. We are currently enjoying a period of sustained expansion and continually striving to improve ourselves.
Together Housing is committed to providing first rate homes to all of our customers, and we are committed to ensuring they are as safe as possible for everyone. To this end, we are currently recruiting a new Delivery Manager to work specifically with our compliance team, within the Asset Management function. This post will be based from Halifax, West Yorkshire.
You will be the lead officer on asbestos management, Legionella control, life maintenance as well as electrical safety. You will need to ensure that there is ongoing full compliance with all legal & all statutory undertakings and regulations and providing support to the Head of Compliance.
Some of this testing falls to contractors & subcontractors, as such you will also be responsible for contract management of all related cyclical maintenance / inspection as well as testing contracts. You will also be a key stakeholder in the agreement of valuations, variations and final accounts with both contractors and consultants.
In addition you will need to co-ordinate the development of new specifications for tenders, which will be both minor and major or measured term contractors & ensure all contract documentation is completed in an accurate & timely manner.
You will need to monitor and manage the Groups compliance management system in order to improve on visibility and provide compliance performance information to our Leadership Team, Board as well as other key stakeholders.
You must have a good all-round understanding of all relevant guidance, legislation as well as having previous management experience. In addition, you will need to be experienced in the managing & supervising of contractors relating to building compliance related activity .
You will be required to have a highly adaptable nature, and the ability to work under pressure in a sector whose nature can quickly change and different demands will be placed on the team as new legislation and reviews come into force.
In order to be successful as a Delivery Manager [Compliance], based in Halifax, West Yorkshire you would require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- You will need to have had experience of working in a similar role, as part of a team with a commitment to teamwork
- You must have experience of managing contractors to ensure an efficient, fully compliant and value for money service is provided
- You will require substantial experience in the delivery of a front line service relating to legal compliance (asbestos, legionellas, lifts and electrical safety) and to a consistently high level
- You will require experience from working within a building & surveying environment, which must incorporate financial and budgetary management and the ability to accurately forecast cash-flow
- Due to the scale of the role and the wider team, you will require significant people management experience
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of all relevant regulations relating to; Legionellas, Asbestos Management, Electrical Safety, LOLER & Responsible Person responsibilities
- Hold a British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) P405 -
- Candidates without this qualification, will be expected to attain it within 6 months of their employment commencing
Due to the nature of the role, you will require a full driving license and a vehicle available for work purposes, insured for business use.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a "cycle to work" scheme
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- OR Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to recruitment at together housing.co uk
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation