Technology Project Manager, Financial Crime & Risk IT
Technology Project Manager, Financial Crime & Risk IT
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join in the role of Technology Project Manager within Financial Crime & Risk IT.
The Technology Project Manager is responsible for operating as part of a global team within the FCR IT Data & MI team to analyse and execute activities around process, controls, standards and regulatory requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the successful delivery and maintenance of compliance to controls in order to protect HSBC data assets by working closely with FCR business lines and Group Big Data systems to enhance compliance principles on the Big Data platform and connect FCR applications.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimise the likelihood of it occurring. This includes its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loos identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
- Manage the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Support Technology teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications and budgets.
- Work with the Technology team and Product Owner to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies.
- Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Manage, monitor and report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the programme management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees, making recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Enforce process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, or continuous DevOps pipelines development
- Ensure adherence to standard controls and drives teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, security controls and technology architecture designs.
- Establish effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework, and co-ordinating cross DevOps and cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery.
- Ensure compliance with internal audit and external regulators that any organisational changes are fit-for-purpose and meet their expectations.
- Contribute to building plans and budgets which identify value and cost reduction opportunities.
- Support Senior Managers in the delivery of a Cybersecurity strategy for a team to secure the bank's technology from the inside out, whilst maintaining, protecting and enhancing HSBC's values, reputation and stakeholder value.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive Project Management experience within a financial risk control environment
- Adherence to standard controls and driving teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management
- Experience of effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework, and co-ordinating cross DevOps and cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
The base location for this role is Edinburgh.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
: Information Technology
: Europe-United Kingdom-Midlothian-Edinburgh
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 14-Feb-2019, 12:58:30