Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You'll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you'll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a big difference to your career and to patient care with us.
A new and exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Consultant Psychiatrist at Cygnet Aspen House in Mexbroough, Doncaster. This is a full-time position (10 programmed activities) providing psychiatric care to female patients aged 18-65.
Cygnet Aspen House is a 20 bed hospital specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for women in a safe and comfortable environment. Cygnet Aspen House has been designed to provide an environment which promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity. The multi-disciplinary treatment programme is designed to assist service users with their return to independent living.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a team to include; Allied Health Professionals, Psychology. Management, Nursing and Support Workers.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital.
Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend whenever possible. There will also be a requirement to participate in the 1 in 6/7 telephone on-call rota.
We are looking for people who have:
• Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
• Registered on the specialist register (CCT / CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
• Experience in Adult Psychiatry and working with mental health diagnosis is essential
• Up to date knowledge in the sphere of Adult Psychiatry
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
• Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
• The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
• Salary: up to £135k
• Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
• CPD support and study leave
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
• Medical indemnity cover
• Relocation package will also be considered
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care. Our expert and highly dedicated care enables 2200 individuals across 108 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives, through service-user focused care and rehabilitation.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying for this role and would like to speak with someone for an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact Dr. Matta (Regional Medical Director - North and Consultant Psychiatrist) on.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Please click the link to apply.