Registered Manager - Learning Disabilities
A fantastic role has arisen to work as a Registered Manager with a well-established and market leading company that specialises in delivering high quality, person centered care to adults with learning disabilities, Mental Health issues, Autism and challenging behaviour. This fantastic, specialist company are looking for a competent, experienced Registered Manager to take on one of their Residential homes in South Yorkshire.
They pride themselves on delivering high standards of care across the country, using a person-centred approach, funding raising with service users. This is a very exciting time to join as the company goes through a very healthy and strong development of services in the UK.
The Service itself is a residential care home providing support to service users with learning disabilities. It is well run and rated Good with CQC. They require a strong staff manager with ideally a couple of years' experience at this level to lead the team and continue to develop the services care practices. Having said that they would consider people making a step up.
Registered Manager - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and supervision of staff to enable them to maximise their potential, through leadership, coaching, example, support and guidance.
- Responsible for budget management.
- Recruiting staff and putting new care plans in place
- Adhering to all CQC regulations and raising standards of care where necessary.
- Be responsible for the negotiation of contracts and fees with Local Authorities and PCT`s for new and existing services.
- You will be required to maintain the high care standards that are set by the company and be an excellent manager of staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Service Manager
- Ideally experience with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours
- Highly developed sense of ownership with a "can do" attitude
- A background in recruiting staff team and occupancy
- Experience of line managing a team
- NVQ 4 as a minimum and ideally an NVQ 5 in leadership & management
- Knowledge of the needs and rights of adults with Learning Disabilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- Communicate effectively to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing including staff development.
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please call Jon on or email your CV to
Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.