Risk & Compliance Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Risk Management & Compliance Team. The role will involve two key elements: conflicts of interest and claims. You will be responsible for assisting with compliance with the Code of Conduct and with securing our annual Lexcel accreditation and related projects, training and administration.
Based within an established team and reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, the key elements of your role will include:
- Reviewing potential conflicts of interest referred from our Centralised Matter Inception Team, taking decisions on actions to be taken and implementing those actions.
- Administering claims made against the firm’s Professional Indemnity Insurance, including notifications to our insurers, reviews of live claims files to monitor and report on progress and liaising with fee earning teams and external solicitors where appropriate.
- Ensuring that registers of conflicts and claims are maintained including providing information to others within the firm who require the information for tenders, bids, reporting purposes.
- Undertaking reviews of data to report to the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee and ensuring that, in respect of clams, investigations are undertaken on root cause and lessons learnt and appropriate actions are identified and carried out
- Working with our Internal Auditors to allow the effective auditing of processes in line with our professional obligations and our ISO27001 accreditation.
- Ensuring that our Standard Operating Procedures remain up to date and implementing any changes necessary.
- Training across the firm where a need is identified from annual reviews or lessons learnt activities
You will need to keep abreast of any changes and developments in relevant regulations and we will look to you to identify improvements in our processes and advise us accordingly.
There will be times when you may need to raise issues directly with the partners, lawyers and other staff involved. You will need confidence, tact and perseverance to achieve your goals.
With your firm-wide responsibility, there will be an element of regular travel to our various regional offices, particularly for training delivery purposes. Typically this may occur twice a month. We can provide a pool car where appropriate for your journeys.
As part of a relatively small team, you may also need to assist others or work on additional tasks in line with the overall responsibilities of the Risk Management and Compliance function.
You will be someone who likes getting things done well and done right. Meticulous in your approach, you will balance a need for accuracy with a robust view of the bigger picture – identifying and prioritising tasks to meet the needs of the business while maintaining high ethical standards.
We are not looking for a rigid and pedantic stickler but you will be able to stand your ground when required. Generally, however you will have the judgement and flexibility to understand what is important and the influencing skills to bring about behavioural changes where required.
You will have strong organisational skills, with the ability to assimilate large amounts of data and spot themes and patterns. You should be good at presenting that data in accessible, plain English reports with supporting visual aids where appropriate.
Ideally you will have worked in a conflicts of interest based role previously however, this is not essential. Whilst we anticipate that this role would suit someone who is an experienced Administrator looking for progression in their career, this could also suit a solicitor who is looking to step away from fee-earning work, or another legally qualified professional looking to start their career in Risk & Compliance.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.