Indirect Tax Manager
Hastings Direct, Indirect Tax Manager
Fantastic opportunity for a skilled Indirect Tax Manager, looking for a new challenge in a growing business. We will consider basing this position in either Bexhill or London, in addition to considering part time applications.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, the primary purpose of the role will be to take ownership and accountability of key tax activities and advisory projects in respect of VAT, IPT and Employment Taxes, to ensure compliance in a fast-moving tax environment. The individual will be a key member of the Group Tax team.
Your remit will include the following;
- Leading on various Projects including; Brexit, Review of Partial Exemption Method, Business Cases and Procurement Projects
- Working with Corporation Tax Manager on review of Group's cross border arrangements
- Leading on working with Business Units, Finance and Legal to minimise VAT leakage
- Review of Group VAT and IPT Returns
- Lead, direct and develop junior colleague.
Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as "Hastings Direct"), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter.
- Strong knowledge of VAT and IPT tax legislation.
- Understanding of Transfer Pricing.
- Financial Services Experience desirable
- Experience gained in a Big 4 or Medium Tier firm.
- 1-5 years PQE.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work as a key member of a close-knit team;
- Strong communication and proactive approach to work
- Results driven and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- PC Literate, with good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to influence people at different levels with different requirements.
- Ability to progress to next level in fast paced financial organisation
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Flexible working opportunities
- Part time or reduced hours are available
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays, private health care cash plan, dental
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.