Senior Management Reporting & Expenses Accountant
Senior Management Reporting & Expenses Accountant
Great opportunity for a skilled management accountant or senior analyst looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing FTSE 250 on the south coast.
We are looking for someone with exceptional organisational skills, as this role will coordinate colleagues in order to ensure all teams deliver the required processes and core outputs within agreed timeframes. Reporting into the Management Reporting & Expenses Manager, some of these core processes will include month end (ranging from adhoc analysis through to Board reporting), regular forecasting and budgeting, external market reporting and mentoring a team of accountants and analysts who will support delivery.
The Management Reporting and Planning (MRAP) team exists to provide insight to key stakeholders around the business, to support effective decision making and connect the board to business performance. The team should provide insightful reporting and leadership in financial planning for the business.
The Senior Management Reporting & Expenses Accountant role is responsible for creation and delivery of the core outputs of the MRAP, for crafting quality insight and analysis for the other finance functions, for delivering process improvement and deputising the Management Reporting & Expenses Manager.
Your remit will include the following;
- A key contributor in an effective and high performing team, consistently delivering the vision of the MRAP function
- Delivery of accurate and insightful management reporting (monthly and ad hoc), budgetary and forecasting outputs and commentary and analysis, ensuring complete accuracy and efficient processes
- Support the production accurate external market and investor presentations
- Contribute as a finance SME in supporting the delivery of Finance System enhancements and process automation as required
- Deputise the Management Reporting & Expenses Manager
- Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Complete training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Experience in delivery roles within Management Reporting or Financial Planning functions, ideally in listed company environment
- Financial planning and budgetary experience
- Microsoft Office - particularly Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard
- ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
- TM1 Finance System knowledge
- UK Motor Insurance industry knowledge
- As a growing business, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function - it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must
- Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment - candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style
- Great attention to detail - systematic approach to managing your workload
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn - shows a great level of self-awareness and drive Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
Benefits for you
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application -
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 27 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays, dental plan, childcare vouchers, health care cash plan
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.