SIL provides high quality supported independent living accommodation for people with complex mental health needs.
We are looking for an Enhanced Community Recovery Scheme Manager to oversee the continued development and ongoing delivery of our recovery service in Leek.
We are seeking an experienced and professionally qualified Service manager to oversee the running of our complex mental health service.
The service will provide high quality, personalised care and support to individuals with mental health needs returning to and living in the community, typically following inpatient treatment.
We are looking for someone who can ensure that the service provided supports people to develop their self-esteem, confidence and skill base and to enjoy life with the confidence to take positive risks based on their experience and understanding of their mental health needs and ensuring that their rights and entitlements are respected at all times.
You will provide specific management, support, advice and motivation to staff teams to ensure that the people who use our services are supported to be as independent as possible and achieve their goals.
- Staff management and supervision:
- Assume the lead role in the recruitment and selection of staff
- Ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times
- Ensure that the service and the staff team comply with all local and national safeguarding standards and that all reporting procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that all staff are supported, supervised and receive the necessary training and development to do their work effectively
- Ensure that all new staff are properly inducted and that all SIL policies and procedures are properly understood
- Ensure that regular staff meetings are convened, and ensure an atmosphere where staff can contribute their views on practice and development in an open and constructive manner
- Through regular supervision and annual performance appraisal, assess the performance of staff members giving constructive feedback
- Identify and pro-actively address any failure in performance by staff members, setting improvement targets and identifying resources to enable the individual to achieve those targets
- Administration and Finance:
- Ensure compliance with CQC minimum standards
- To maximise occupancy of the service in line with agreed targets for the development and expansion of the service
- To participate in the assessment of people referred to the service, in conjunction with other SIL staff
- Ensure the maintenance of SIL recording systems for financial and other purposes in line with relevant policies.
- Ensure compliance with licenses and tenancy agreements
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and SIL policies and procedures
- Ensure adequate cleanliness and hygiene standards and practice, involving and supporting clients in respect of their own self-care and living environments where appropriate
- Ensure that buildings and grounds are adequately maintained and secured, notifying relevant parties (RSLs, Private Landlords etc.) where this is not the case
- Ensure the implementation of all relevant legislative requirements•Provide regular management information, including comprehensive reports based on occupancy, income and incidents for the service.
- External contacts:
- Promote the aims and objectives of SIL through liaison with statutory and voluntary agencies
- Develop and maintain good working relations with relevant agencies, keeping abreast of developments in local policy and services
- Develop local community links with a view to identifying opportunities for service enhancement and promoting a better understanding of mental health issues
- Attend service review meetings with funders
- Participate in the review and planning of new service development
- Attend internal planning/review meetings
- •Attend regular supervision with line manager
- •Take part in training as required
- •Actively review own performance and development needs to assist personal growth and the development of the service
You will have support from not only your Line Manager, but also our peripatetic and quality and practice team who provide advice and guidance to all of our staff members to ensure we are providing the highest quality of support around all of our services. SIL believes passionately in the personal development of all of our staff members, we offer career development, NVQ qualifications, induction training, recovery training, regular refresher training and supervision.
All applications will be subject to DBS checks and references
with Lifeways Group the information you provide will be used for recruitment purposes only, this information will be stored for 12 months and deleted unless you give permission for your information to be stored for longer.