GCSE English & Maths Tutor, Perm, Luton & Stevenage, £Competitive
Rthirteen recruitment are assisting an Ofsted Outstanding graded, incredibly successful training provider in their search for a GCSE English & Maths Tutor to work across their Luton and Stevenage centres. You will hold a full teaching qualification and have experience of teaching GCSE English and Maths, as well as the willingness to travel and teach in both required centres.
This is a fantastic chance for someone with strong teaching experience to join a successful, growing training provider and make a real difference to the lives of young people who struggle in mainstream teaching. Not only will you be able to grow your skills but you will truly get a sense of job satisfaction from this role.
Duties to include:
- Supporting the quality team and teaching staff with the continuous improvement of English GCSE and GCSE Maths delivery by championing your subject areas and acting as a subject expert.
- Delivering CPD to individuals and groups to meet the needs to the business.
- Planning informative and engaging individual learning to meet specific learner needs, ensuring lesson plans are prepared prior to learners attending.
- Delivering and embedding GCSE English and GCSE Maths on an individual and group basis, ensuring learners develop a strong awareness of employability skills, vocational opportunities and PSD issues whilst developing GCSE’s.
- Ensuring all learners are involved in decision making through learner voice forums, surveys, attendance and curriculum review sessions.
- Developing and assessing GCSE to the appropriate levels to support the learner’s ability to work confidently, independently and effectively in life and future employment.
- Carrying out pastoral duties, supporting learners on an individual basis through academic and personal difficulties.
- Playing an integral part in the implementation and development of the Functional Skills Strategy.
- Effectively managing learner behaviour in the classroom and on company premises, applying appropriate measures when appropriate.
- Using written and verbal reports to ensure accurate and timely progress reviews.
- Assessing learners work to awarding body and Ofsted CIF criteria.
- Regularly updating learner records, ensuring they are in line with funding body and Ofsted requirements.
- Actively taking part in team meetings, curriculum development and standardisation across all programmes.
- Managing classroom resources, ensuring security of equipment and materials.
- Providing cover for absent members of staff if necessary.
You will have/be:
- Experience of teaching GCSE English and GCSE Maths.
- Full teaching qualification e.g. Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS, DTLLS and PGCE.
- Experience of supporting young people age 14-19, who have LDD’s.
- Level 5 English qualification and Level 5 Maths qualification.
- Previous experience of developing effective class management skills and managing challenging behaviour.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to adapt your approach and communication techniques to suit a variety of different audiences.
- Ability to positively influence, encourage and motivate learners.
- Excellent organisational skills, coupled with the ability to effectively prioritise workload.
- Capability to work to tight deadlines in a high pressured environment.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check for this position**
This is a full-time opportunity, working 8.30am - 4.30pm, based two days per week in Luton, two days in Stevenage and one day working at one of the centres. Offered salary for this positions is competitive depending on experience. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including; 25 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + opportunity to buy additional holiday, company pension scheme and mileage expensed at 35p per mile.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Cockerton - Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.