This is an exciting opportunity for a Time Served Mechanical Fitter to join a global organization on a contract basis.
- Carry out the sub-assembly and build of contract equipment on a day to day basis liaising with the supervisor(s) and relevant project contacts as required
- Follow specified instruction and processes throughout the build, ensuring that all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Be able to identify the correct and required tooling to carry out specified tasks
- Ensure calibration of tools and equipment before use
- Assemble mechanical equipment as per Engineering drawings to ensure that the product is built as specified
- Support commissioning and fault finding activities as required
- Visually inspect components throughout the build process to identify any defects and report these through the correct channels
- Undertake snagging activities and rectification works in accordance with company QA procedures
- Able to work individually or as part of a team whilst working to tight deadlines in a Heavy Engineering Environment
- Demonstrate a flexible approach within the job role as Shift-work and overtime will be required
- Required to travel and work nationally and internationally as required to meet the needs of the business, including offshore works
Skills & Experience
- Time served in relevant trade
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of heavy engineering environment
- Certified to operate workshop plant and machinery (Advantageous but not a full requirement)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, as required by the role
- A flexible approach in order to work shifts and overtime as required to meet project demands
- A trade test and interview will be required for this position where your skills, experience, flexibility and professional approach will need to be demonstrated.
To be considered for this role please click "apply now" and submit a copy of your updated CV.