Senior Quantity Surveyor
ASME Engineering is a business run on family values supplying the construction industry with Structural Steelwork and Architectural Metalwork. The Company has been established over 30 years in the industry and our clients have come to expect the 'can do' attitude that ASME promotes throughout. ASME as a company is constantly striving to improve and offers opportunities and progression to those who work hard and want to excel.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of the construction / engineering sectors, you will be responsible for the commercial running of projects from start to finish. You will promote best practice throughout and form great working relationships with clients, thereby ensuring commercial and financial delivery of projects to program and budget. You will use your experience and know-how to support and manage a team of four and support the Commercial Director.
- In charge of projects typically ranging from £50k - £5 million.
- Reviewing and negotiating Contract terms with Clients and Subcontractors to ensure ASME can maximise its cash position.
- Preparing and agreeing Valuations / Applications for Payment.
- Ensuring that all Variations, which are typically due to changes in design and/or changes in construction work, are priced up and recovered from the client.
- Managing client and project meetings.
- Working closely with the design team, site and project managers on the running of various contracts.
- Continuous monitoring of project budgets, performance and costs from start to completion, holding regular project review meetings followed by progress reports to the board.
- Produce monthly cash-flow forecasts and Cost Value Reconciliation for Senior Management.
- Negotiating and concluding final accounts.
- Preparing procurement documents along with managing supplier and sub-contractor accounts.
- Responsible for Bonds / Insurances / Retentions / Collateral Warranties and Credit Control.
- Managing a team of four, giving support and advice as needed to ensure best practice and help facilitate a continuous learning environment.
- Review working practices and support the implementation of EValuate and Sage Construct.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Structural and Architectural Steel.
- Technically capable - good understanding of technical drawings and construction terminologies.
- Applicants should have good experience in quantity surveying and have a qualification in this discipline (i.e. degree, HNC/D or similar).
- Experience and knowledge of various contracts including JCT, NEC and bespoke contracts.
- Strong communication skills; must be approachable.
- Experience in managing people including performance management.
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with well-developed influencing and negotiating techniques.
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn the use of specialist software.
ASME Engineering Ltd can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed.