We are currently recruiting for a very well established financial services organisation that are seeking to recruit an experienced Complaints Associate to join their organisation.
The role will require you to be responsible for the impartial investigation and resolution of UK policyholder complaints that have already been reviewed.
Duties will include:
- Comprehensive investigation of UK policyholder complaints is undertaken ensuring all relevant information is reviewed, including policy documentation, expert reports and claims files, call recordings and an appropriate outcome is reached
- Detailed, fact based, negotiations, taking into account current industry complaint resolution protocol, are undertaken with managing agents and their representatives to influence them to alter their position
- Regulatory response is drafted, tailored to their needs, in line with FCA timescales and requirements
- High profile or contentious issues are escalated as required as per internal guidelines
- Support the resolution of complaints by the Financial Ombudsman Service involving the provision of information, challenging their decision and providing supporting evidence where it is felt their decision is inappropriate or fails to take into account the facts of the case
- Be a complaints subject matter expert, both internally and externally with managing agents, their representatives and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders through frontline and daily contact
- Update and maintain data in the Complaints Monitoring databases to ensure accuracy of UK regulatory reports, internal management information to both manage internal workloads
- Ensure compliance
- Complaints / claims handling experience
- Experience of high-volume workloads
- Must be able to work accurately and with minimum supervision and be able to make decisions on complaints based on a broad understanding of relevant policies and procedures and of operational requirements
- Awareness of FCA DISP rules (and a general understanding of FCA rules generally)
- Awareness of claims investigation and settlement procedures
- The ability to remain calm and objective under pressure to handle difficult complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective case management, balancing short term and long term objectives and deadlines to ensure all cases are progressed in a timely manner
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team to organise work to meet prescribed service timetables
- A high standard of written and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to discuss issues effectively with all levels of the market and third parties and produce high quality written communication
- Ability to interpret varied policy wording and insurance terminology
- Confident, self-starter, capable of showing initiative and can demonstrate achievement
- Good, clear communicator, able to convey the message appropriately and ensure it is understood by the audience
- Time Management to ensure delivery according to agreed standards/commitments.
- IT skills - Excel and Word