Permanent Category Manager
Venn Group is currently working with a public sector organisation in South Devon who are looking for an experienced Category Manager to work as part of a small team managing complex, high profile contracts and procurements. This will be a permanent role paying £37,000 to £42,000 p.a. depending on experience.
- Lead activity for £10m+ of third party annual spend including business cases development, managing tenders, delivery of savings and contract management for a wide portfolio of Goods, Service and Works
- Develop and implement category plans to deliver strategic vision
- Deliver benefits realisation (financial and non-financial) as a result of procurement activity
- Develop Category Managers and Junior members of the team to deliver compliant and value adding procurement activity
- Lead and manage a portfolio of procurement activity funded from both Capital and Revenue, including business case development, managing tenders through to award and contract implementation
- Experience in the application of Category Management core principles; commercially astute with sound knowledge of the Public Sector financial landscape
- Demonstrable understanding of European procurement law, negotiation and implementation of purchase contracts and supply agreements
- Procurement/Commissioning experience working with multiple partners within the public sector
- Experience of using JCT and NEC3/4 forms of Contract
This role presents an excellent opportunity to work in a developing environment to support growth and impactful change.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Anders Egeland-Eriksen on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.