Part time - 3 days a week
£48-60,000 pro rata (£28,800-£36,000 per annum) dependent on experience
Based at our London office in Islington
This new, part-time role will take the lead on finance matters at London Calling and Culture Calling; a busy nationwide arts marketing agency. This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in consolidating and building the business.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who will run and oversee all our finance affairs. Below we outline the core tasks of the role.
Financial systems, processes and controls
- To ensure that the finance systems and processes operate effectively and efficiently, comply with all legal requirements, and meet the accounting and management needs of the company by maintaining current systems and where necessary devising new systems to meet changes in and improvements to the business.
- To be an expert user of the Finance System (XERO), working with XERO support, project managing system development as required, and writing reports.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day financial management: to monitor and manage Accounts Receivable; to monitor and manage Accounts Payable, ensuring invoices are paid to approved payment terms; to ensure accounting entries are accurate and conform to financial regulations; to monitor the daily movement in cash flow and provide effective Treasury Management; to organise cash facilities upon request from authorised Company personnel; to monitor the outsourced payroll system, and associated statutory deductions and payments.
- To add to the commercial acumen of the Company, reviewing budgets with the CEO and Managing Partner as required, identifying areas for potential cost-savings and opportunities for increased income generation, supporting colleagues through the provision of sound financial advice, and scrutinising plans to ensure due consideration of financial risks and compliance with statutory and Company requirements.
- To lead the preparation of monthly management accounts (including an Income & Expenditure Statement and Forecast, Balance Sheet, Cash flow Statement and Projects report) in an accurate and timely fashion; to be responsible for posting relevant accruals and prepayments; to investigate variances against budget and prior year as appropriate.
- To support the CEO and Managing Partner in the preparation of business plans, annual budgets, tender documents and funding applications.
- To produce monthly performance reports to the Senior Management Team to support their decision-making and provide effective management of budgets and adherence to relevant procedures/processes.
- To be responsible for accurate and timely financial settlement of all contractual financial requirements, ensuring all legal and reporting requirements are met
- To maintain the Fixed Asset Register in accordance with accounting policies.
- Preparation and processing of bank and cash entries
- Preparation and posting of month end journals
- Reconciliation of balance sheet controls accounts, including bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accounting for fixed assets, accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting the CEO and Managing Partner with the year-end accounts preparation
- Preparing information required by the auditors
- Supervision of Accounts Payable function
- Ensuring the maintenance and integrity of the company’s purchase order system
- Processing of purchase invoices, reconciling supplier statements, and supervising payment runs
- Verifying supplier bank details
- Reviewing the aged creditors listing with the Purchase Ledger Officer on a monthly basis
- Resolving staff queries relating to financial issues
- Reviewing and chasing unpaid invoices with the finance assistant on an ongoing basis.
Additional Areas of Potential work.
Although not a requirement for this post we would be interested in employing someone who could assist in having oversight of HR issues and some office management. Much of this work is outsourced and we have staff in house who also assist in these areas, but it would be helpful for this post holder to also assist in managing this area of work.
Assisting in managing and developing the direct line reports including the finance assistant to ensure their continued development and ensuring that objectives are met and all work activities are delivered to the highest standard.
And other duties as required
The role will require some occasional travel, particularly to our office in Manchester.
Send your CV along with a covering note summarising some key points about what you bring to the job.
We have some flexibility on hours worked and when, and fees paid.