Finance Business Partner / Finance Manager
Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner
£55,000 - £63,000
Innovative, award winning, growing business (circa £100m turnover and part of a market dominant group) have an exciting requirement for a business facing Finance Manager.
This is an out and out business partnering role where you will work closely with non-finance managers / directors and have an opportunity to really add value. You will be based at a fast paced, large and innovative manufacturing site and you will need to be someone who loves getting out into the business are working alongside operational and commercial teams to drive performance as a critical friend.
The site is part of a highly aspirational FTSE 250 group and the opportunity to progress in the UK or overseas is unrivalled for the right individual.
Your role will be extremely broad with an interesting balance of business as usual requirements alongside added value project involvement on an ongoing basis. This is a continuous improvement environment and the local head of finance is looking for a proactive individual who strives to add value and deliver positive impact.
Your role will broadly encompass:
- Ensuring accurate and timely management accounts are presented routinely.
- Developing the commercial reporting to provide key insight into business performance.
- Working closely with operational leaders to understand budgets, variances, spend and overall performance drivers.
- Helping understand and report on the levers of profit and margin protection.
- Using the numbers in the process of challenging, supporting, partnering and ultimately influencing commercial and operational decision making at the site.
- Motivating and coaching others (commercial accountant and management accounting areas)
- Ensuring controls across month end are fit for purpose and optimised / streamlined.
The business are looking for :
- A highly commercially aware qualified accountant with a demonstrable track record in a similar role (Financial management or business partnering / senior management accounting)
- Someone with a keen eye for detail and a naturally conscientious approach.
- An individual who will flourish in a business facing role
- Someone who enjoys working in a growing and rapid paced manufacturing setting (experience of manufacturing / retail or distribution is a pre requisite)
- An individual able to coach and lead others
- An ambitious and career driven accountant with strong communication skills.