Special Needs - Hayes End
Looking for a rewarding and exciting job with genuine investment in your development?
Work in a special needs primary school in Hayes End and make a difference TODAY!
Under the specialist guidance of an experienced SEN Teacher and 3 support staff Special Needs Support Teaching Assistants provide basic daily care and educational activities to primary aged children with autism and complex learning needs. SEN TAs work collaboratively with teachers, support staff and therapists to ensuring the highest level of care and educational support are available to all pupils.
SEN TAs make a real difference every day to the lives of children with special needs creating social and learning opportunities while promoting independence.
Monday to Friday between 8:30 - 4:30pm during school term time
Hayes End - local to Hayes and Harlington or Northolt station
What we will provide:
- Fixed Year Long contract with permanent contract at the end of completion of successful trial period
- Supervision and support from specialist Teachers, Senior Leadership and trained SEN TAs
- Staff induction and on-going SEN training (autism awareness, Studio 3, PECS and Sign-a-long)
- Local transport links - GWR and Central tube line from Northolt Station
Key skills needed:
- Experience supporting children with autism or complex learning needs (ideal but not essential)
- Punctual and consistent with attendance
- Listening skills
- Play and interaction skills
- Ability to learn and apply new skills
- Emotionally mature
- Openness to supporting children with personal care or nappy changing
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.