Account Handler Insurance
Account Handler (Insurance)
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Account Handler / Account Broker
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire (Commutable from Kettering, Wellingborough, Brackmills and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 per annum
About the role:
PIB Insurance Brokers are now looking for a Professional Indemnity Insurance Account handler / Account Broker to work from our Northampton Offices. They are looking for an individual with previous Professional Indemnity Insurance experience.
An Account Handler / Broker is expected show a commitment to excellent customer service and account development. You will be expected to demonstrate a technical skill set and the desire to acquire new skills. You will also be a team player and be able to maintain excellent client relationships, whilst executing administrative duties in accordance with PIB Insurance’s policies and procedures.
- Handling and submission of all appropriate documentation. Liaison between client and Insurers.
- Vetting of policy documentation from Insurers. Arrangement of Premium Finance.
- Collection of and submission of premiums to Insurers. Administration of correspondence generally between Insured and Insurers.
- Handling and processing of mid-term alterations in cover. Advising on Insurance implications of mergers and / or acquisitions
- Policy interpretation and advice thereon; Insurer account reconciliation; Instalment Scheme Management.
- Ideally educated to or working towards attainment of CII, although this is not a pre-requisite. Basic English and Maths (minimum of GCSE grade C or equivalent). Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
- Experienced professional indemnity insurance account handler / broker to assist / support Account Executive. Has experience of negotiating and building relationships with insurers. Formulation, analysis and presentation of quotations and responses from the insurance market. Has previous sales experience.
- A Familiarity of the Acturis system is advantageous. Confident, personable and a ‘can do’ attitude are highly desirable.
- Capable of working under pressure. Would suit an individual who is looking to eventually work towards an Account Executive role.
- Excellent customer service skills. Account management skills / dealing with the smaller clients.
- Directors and Officers insurance and Cyber Liability insurance knowledge is also desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Account Handler, Account Executive, Insurance Account Handler, Corporate Account Handler, Insurance Broker, Insurance Advisor, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Executive, Account Management, CII, Chartered Insurance Institute, Broker, etc