Becoming a Project Accountant with Employee Benefits (12 month fixed term contract)
The Project Accountant role will be managing the programme finance structures and report directly into the Head of Change. You will be a Change Specialist consultant acting in accordance with Change Specialist consultant principals and client change delivery methods. As a Change Specialist consultant, you will enable the delivery of assigned client tasks.
What you will do:
As Project Accountant, you will assume responsibility for helping support the programme deliver against its cost and benefit profile. With your core cost & benefit accountancy skills and expertise, you:
- Will support the Head of Change and Workstream Leads in the production and maintenance of their cost & benefit workstream profiles.
- Will work alongside the Workstream leads and assist in the effective delivery of their financial models.
- Will assist in the development and management of the long-term finance plans, monitor financial expenditure and budgets, help prepare finance reports, and regularly liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to maintain information flow and to build effective working relationships.
- Will log, manage and analyse information regarding the progress of workstream financial expenditure, their cost / benefits and maintain decision, risk and issue logs as well as provide a professional finance support function to the programme team.
- Will provide financial and cost / benefit advice and guidance and support to other programmes and projects.
- Form a good appreciation of cost / benefit to the programme and its impact on the client.
Your experience will include:
- Fully qualified (ACCA / ACA / CIMA)
- Practical experience should include Financial and cost / benefit work on programmes associated with achieving a strategic long term plan, shorter tactical projects, projects defining and delivering policy changes/adjustments, new products, procedural changes, infrastructure changes, and smaller operational changes where required.
- Programme and project cost-benefit analysis of new or existing client.
- Models which put a pound value on intangible items, e.g. benefits and costs associated with specific workstream(s) not delivering to time and any associated brand damage.
- Analysis of factoring in opportunity cost into equations.
- Cost-benefit analysis as a means of evaluating all the potential costs and revenues that may be generated if the project is completed to determine whether a project is financially feasible or if another project should be pursued.
- Compiling comprehensive lists of all costs and benefits associated with the project
- Quantitatively comparing results of aggregate costs and benefits to determine if the benefits outweigh the costs.
- Reviewing projects which are not warranted to continue, to see if adjustments can be made to either increase benefits and/or decrease costs to make the project viable.
- Experience of delivering against PMO and work-stream time-critical reporting cycles and milestones and practical experience of using the whole suite of accountancy management control and analysis tools.
- Experience of engaging and working with third party suppliers and an ability to organise, prioritise and work to competing deadlines in response to a dynamic and fast changing environment.
- Clear and concise written communication, good facilitation skills coupled with excellent stakeholder management and inter-personal skills.
- Competent in SharePoint (ideally) and MS Office software, familiar with MS Project.
About Employee Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits (CEB) is one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK; a multi award-winning organisation servicing over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. Our vision is to be the leading integrated, technology-enabled administration and consultancy business in the employee benefits market. Joining our team here, you'll deliver transformational consultancy and administration services, underpinned by market-leading technology.
Employee Benefits are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.