At Depaul UK we currently have an opportunity for a Progression Coach to come and join our team based in South Tyneside. You will join us on a full time basis as part of a fixed term contract (until 30th September 2019 with possible extension). In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,400 per annum + pension and other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our Progression Coach, we can offer you:
- A friendly, flexible and values-led organisation
- Competitive salary
- 34 days of annual holiday, including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The Progression Coach role:
You will work directly with young people to achieve their goals, using Depaul’s approach which takes into account the issues and difficulties each young person faces, but focusing on their strengths and aspirations for a positive future.
Additionally you will operate as part of a small team, with a can-do attitude towards all young people. Delivery of support can be via one-to-one, group work and drop-in type activities which will all be delivered under Depaul’s theory of change framework.
Please note that a job share will be considered for this role if full time hours are not suitable for the right candidates.
What makes this role exciting?
- You'll receive in-house training to help you perform your role
- The role is flexible and you can take a creative approach to supporting young people
- It's a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector
What will ideally support your success in the Progression Coach role?
- Experience of using Risk Assessments and Support Planning.
- An good understanding of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- An ability to apply creative approaches to engage young people and sustain working relationships with them.
- A good knowledge of how to effectively promote an environment, which has the highest regard for the Health and Safety of others.
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Progression Coach then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 26th February at 12:00pm
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.