Who we are
At IRESS, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
IRESS is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
As an Implementation Consultant you'll be required to implement a range of integrated wealth and trading products that cater for portfolio managers, wealth advisers, financial advisers, portfolio administrators, and investment professionals. The main product you’ll be working with is Xplan, which offers a range of software solutions tailored to financial planning and investment management companies within the UK market. As part of the Implementation team, you will be responsible for transitioning clients from existing applications to an XPLAN solution.
The Implementation Consultant will be responsible for taking an implementation from initial client requirements, to final sign off of the project or project phase. This involves liaising and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders and teams. You will also focus on providing direction and guidance to clients on best use of IRESS products and services to ensure that they obtain enhanced value.
What you will be doing
- You will be accountable for the client solutions, together with managing internal stakeholders, ensuring solutions are delivered to agreed timescales, scope and quality standards
- You will define & agree solution, configure & implement this and handover to BAU
- Gain thorough knowledge of the client’s business, their requirements and expectations of the engagement
- Assist clients to ensure full utilisation and maximum value of IRESS products, making sure any gaps in the solution are articulated internally with a resolution agreed.
- Act as the subject matter expert on IRESS solutions handling all customer facing queries relating to the transition
- Provide continuous input into the overall project plan and agree the solution scope, implementation schedule, quality metrics and initial risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies with the project manager.
- Act as the relationship manager throughout the customer implementation to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and evaluate any lessons learned to feed into future transitions.
What you will need
- You will have a background in Financial Services, ideally within Software Implementation or Consultancy, demonstrating an understanding of financial planning and/or portfolio management services practices and technology requirements
- A strong customer focus and excellent relationship management skills are essential and you will have the ability to be able to see both the wider picture and hone in on the subject matter detail
- Problem solving is key and you will undertake thorough analysis, and lead the hands on configurations of the implementation solutions
- You will have high levels of integrity, working well under pressure in a constantly changing environment to achieve results
- Strong time management is essential along with the ability to work autonomously, yet still form part of a team
- Knowledge of product based IT solutions alongside experience of data migration IT projects is beneficial
- Experience and a working knowledge of systems implementation: requirements analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing and change management is fundamental to the success of this role.
- Ability to achieve results and work in a constantly changing environment
- You will have excellent communication skills along with a diplomatic nature and be comfortable building relationships with clients and colleagues alike, often up to C level
Why work with us
Casual dress, flexible work policy
Access to learning and development programs
Health Benefits including Private Medical Insurance
3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
Global 36-hour hackathon
Cycle to Work scheme
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Profit Share Plan
Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.