Area Sales Manager Ferrero Grocery
The effective training, direction, control and motivation of a team of up to 11 RDEs (Retail Development Executives) in order to drive visibility and sales of Ferrero products within the nominated grocery & convenience outlets. Identifying opportunities and achieving targets in each of the following areas:
- Sales growth
- Return on investment
- Product availability
- Visibility/ POS
- Locally agreed displays
What will you be doing?
- Drive team performance to achieve and exceed all KPIs
- Drive sales growth and return on investment in all outlets
- Carrying out effective Blitz activity via the team as per company requirements
- Implementing Head Office agreed National promotions
- Developing and maintaining satisfactory performance standards in the RDEs through on-going training, motivation and periodic evaluation.
- Working regularly in call with RDE for purposes of field training, communication and motivation. Spending a minimum of 1 day with each RDE every 4 weeks.
- Reviewing results and call data via Fusion on a daily/weekly/cycle basis as necessary to ensure delivery of each KPI
- Planning and conducting training programmes for RDEs on the basis of identified needs.
- Planning and conducting motivational team briefing and training meetings
- Recruiting, training and termination of RDEs
- Reporting regularly to Ferrero Grocery Channel Director in respect of Team performance.
- Management of cost control and expenses of each RDE, ensuring spending is within budget limit
- Operating specified administration and control systems in the area
- The completion of specified monthly administration accurately, efficiently and in the correct time scale.
Working Relationships With:
- Ferrero Channel Head
- FSS Account Controller
- FSS Operations Team
- Account (Asda, Morrison, JS, Tesco, Co-op, McColls, etc.) & Regional contacts
- Store Managers and staff
What you will need
- Results driven – proven track record
- Knowledge of grocery and convenience retail sector
- Previous sales management experience
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse data (team performance, sales trends etc)
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong influencing skills
- IT Literate
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Clean driving licence
- Willing to stay away