Part Time Accounts Assistant
We are seeking a PART TIME Accounts Assistant to work on Purchase Ledger for approx 10 hours per week eg 2 or 3 hours a day (flexible)
The main duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk include matching and coding invoices, preparing and running BACS payments, reconciling supplier statements and working out VAT payments. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will generally work as part of the finance team, however they may work independently in a smaller organisation.
The role of a Purchase Ledger Clerk is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to the Finance Director as needed.
Outlined below are a number of standard duties that this job role entails. Tailored job descriptions are prepared for each vacancy registered with Accountancy Recruit and specific responsibilities that relate to your business will be included.
Duties of a Purchase Ledger Clerk can include any or all of the following:
- Matching, checking and coding invoices
- Working out VAT payments
- Making payments via BACS and cheques
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Filing invoices
- Managing petty cash
- Data entry
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid team working skills
- Self-disciplined and efficient, with a flexible and proactive nature
- Experienced in Excel and Microsoft office packages
- Knowledge of software packages s
- Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
- Ability to work to deadlines
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy