Engineering Assistant Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood has a vacancy for an Engineering Assistant to join their team of staff in the Engineering department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Engineering qualification or ability to work towards specialised Engineering discipline.
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required
- Understanding of Quality Management, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement process
- Understanding of Health and Safety guidelines and applicable statutes.
- Minimum of 3 years, experience working in a Maintenance Environment is essential with experience of working safely under own initiative is required.
- Experience of; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Plumbing or Joinery is also essential.
- Understanding of Legionella prevention requirements within Hospital buildings
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Sound fault finding techniques
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance.
- Provide assistance to Site based Technicians in carrying out their role within the cluster.
- Support the Senior Engineering Technician and Engineering Technicians in their day to day duties.
- Provide supplementary Engineering support to other BMI sites within cluster on request.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.