Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Hemel - South
Salary: To £54K + 15% Flexible Benefits
About this job
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to work on a large and interesting area within the Emergency Services Group. Predominantly Application deployment based, you will own and deliver projects, ensuring that they conform to customer and SopraSteria time, cost, quality and revenue. These projects will be based around the South of the UK, so you must be prepared to travel when necessary. SC Cleared is preferable although we will consider candidates eligible for SC Clearance.
- Understand business drivers and the complexity of the project.
- Support the business proposal activity by facilitating the overall solution design, project approach and leading on the Impact Assessment production.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance with the Portfolio Governance process.
- Ensure that all projects are appropriately managed and delivered on time / budget / quality within the agreed parameters.
- Select the most suitable project methodology for the delivery e.g. PRINCE2, Agile.
- Understand and manage the client’s expectations.
- Escalate in a timely and appropriate manner any forecast deviation of time, budget, or quality.
- Manage an extended team, agreeing and driving objectives
- Identify lessons to be learned and implement on future projects.
- Maintain agreed financial artefacts on a weekly basis
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised to broad objectives.
- Prince2, Agile (Scrum) or equivalent
- Membership of professional body
- Systems Integration background
- Relevant sector experience
- Considerable recent and relevant experience of project/portfolio management with a track record of delivering to required standards.
- Digital Integration background
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.