Advantage Resourcing is working with a leading Defence organisation across the UK. They are currently seeking a Solution Architect to work on a contract basis across a range of technologies.
This will be for 6 months initially, at the rates up to £630 per day limited/umbrella and will be based in Preston. There is a potential for this role to be located in Farnborough however Preston is the preferred site.
Candidates will need to go through a level of clearance before starting the vacancy due to the nature of the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust and cost effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with standards and policies.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Authority and Principal Infrastructure Architect and candidates from a previous defence background will be preferred.
- Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in delivering IT solutions together with associated architecture
- Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
- Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Experience in Identity Management, SAML, SSO
- Knowledge of system integration, ESB, ERP, Web Services, WSDL, XML
- Metadata and Visual Marking tools, SharePoint, SCCM and ePO is an advantage
- Knowledge of Wintel desktop applications and plugins
- Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IT business systems from ERPs through procurement tosupplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Communication skills.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IT / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile)
Please note there is a full specification which can be provided with much more detailed requirements.
Please note that due to the high number of applications it's not always possible to provide detailed feedback to all candidates, please accept my apologies for this.