Senior Test Development Engineer
- Exceptional benefits
- World class Electronic Manufacturing company
We currently have a terrific opportunity for an experienced Senior Test Development Engineer to join a prestigious business near High Wycombe to develop ATE/Test solutions for NPI Programmes in line with Product specifications and requirements. To put in place test processes and equipment, to ensure project delivery, budgetary and quality targets are achieved.
- Take overall responsibility for addressing all test related safety issues. Ensuring all regulatory safety requirements are met.
- Develop test strategy for In-house manufactured products including identifying suitably testable assemblies and test ports.
- Represent Test at PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR Reviews; to ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and the design can accommodate these.
- Develop Testing documentation (Product Test Schedule) in line with the Design Specification and Product Acceptance Test Specification.
- Take ownership for 'Design for Test’ issues. Working closely with the System, Electronic and Mechanical Design Teams to ensure an effective test philosophy is achieved.
- Design and develop test hardware and software for production, integration and qualification.
- Author supporting documentation (Test reports, Software Index, Calibration Procedure, Work Instructions etc.).
- Develop automated robust test software including supporting documentation.
- Support Marketing bids and proposals by providing detailed test input and associated costs including estimated test times.
- Monitor test times against product unit price cost. Implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements and minimise production test times.
Duties / Tasks:
- Report to the relevant Project Manager and the Production Manager on the day to day status and requirements (priorities, resources, equipment, etc.).
- Liaise with the Head of NPI & DFM to ensure that the forward load forecast is correct with updated information on the task progress provided regularly.
- To provide ’hands on’ test support for Production.
- Provide Test plans and status reports to ensure smooth continuity of throughput and that adequate resources/facilities are available.
- Assist Technicians/Test Engineers in fault finding and any other problems as necessary.
- Ensure that 5S workplace methodology is adopted as standard practice within the department.
- Conduct equipment Risk Assessments and ensure recommendations are put in place.
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure Test Procedures are adhered to.
- Verifying that all test equipment carries a valid Calibration/Test and PAT label prior to use.
- Ensure all Test Personnel are adequately trained through the Department Training Programme enabling the engineers to improve their job knowledge and the efficiency and Quality of the Department.
- Provide Test operator training on test stages and product fault finding.
- Provide coaching to Junior Engineers.
- Program ATEs in NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows, C++, HP\HT Basic.
- HNC/HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Experience in an engineering development environment.
- Proven track record in the development / management / provision of Test Facilities
- PC literate: General use of PC packages for producing Specifications, Procedures, Estimates, Result Analysis, Reports, Circuit diagrams and Basic engineering drawings e.g. Office 97, VISIO, etc.
- Experience in programming using NI LabVIEW, (NI CVI, Visual basic, HP Basic for Windows a plus)
- Intimate with Instrumentation control via PC: IEEE, 488/GPIB, use of PC mounted I/O and acquisition cards
- Working knowledge of Digital, signal processing and RF test techniques. To enable effective understanding interpretation, and implementation of test requirements and to enable effective liaison with the design team on technical issues
Tools Software and Equipment used:
Familiar with the use of Power Supplies (LV, HV, Power), DMM, Signal Generators (LF, HF, RF, Pulse, Arb), Oscilloscopes, Analysers (LF, HF, RF, Logic), Insulation testers (HT, Breakdown, Megger), Bridge, PC Modules (DAQ, Multi I/O, ARB, PSU, etc.), PC Configuration, Windows OS (various), MS Office. Will be expected to use the Company computerised Time and Attendance System. Must be able to read and understand electronic circuit diagrams and wiring schedules.
The Test Development Engineer will be expected to work in the following locations:
- Production shop floor and CELL’s
- Engineering Offices
- Test Engineering Manufacture Area
- Subcontractor Sites
- Current driving licence: this role may require travel to support test activities
- Current Passport: this role may require oversee travel
May be required to lift up to 25kg, on occasion. SC level clearance is mandatory for this role
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.