Assistant Accountant - Part Qualified / Qualified by Experience
My client is an international consultancy business providing a range of services to an international client base. They gave exciting growth plans which has led to the requirement of an experienced finance assistant in their EMEA group reporting team.
The EMEA group reporting team provide transactional finance support to this region, this role will report in to the EMEA Group Reporting Manager and will include the following responsibilities:
- Managing EMEA cost centre related invoices, ensuring you have full detail of what the expense relates to and manage sign-off with the CFO.
- Investigate aged invoices.
- Accounts payable support and manage purchase orders. This includes setting up new vendors in SAP and ensure business managers have the support they need to complete efficient purchasing.
- Bank reconciliation and review of bank accounts.
- Manage intercompany balances, reviewing any ageing balances and seek a resolution.
- Run monthly management reports for each department for heads of department to review.
- Support the group accountant with month-end and quarter-end close.
This is varied role which offers exposure to a number of different transactional finance areas within a complex international business.
The role requires an experienced finance assistant with exposure to the following:
- Recent or current experience of using SAP.
- Knowledge of intercompany accounting.
- Strong understanding of managing the trial balance and related accounting concepts.
Candidates will have proven experience of managing a varied work load and working under pressure. Strong transactional finance experience is the most important requirement for this role, candidates can be studying towards a qualification or qualified by experience.