Claims Handler - Personal Injury
Purpose of the role:
- To effectively manage a portfolio of motor claims encompassing third party personal injury, property damage, credit hire and accident damage from infancy through to settlement.
- Validate claims with application of fraud and indemnity knowledge.
- Exhaust all investigation avenues to facilitate accurate and prompt assessment of liability.
- Provide excellent service to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that indemnity spend is minimised with application of effective liability decision making and commercial considerations.
- Application of accurate reserves in line with company guidelines.
- Generate ideas to contribute towards the continuous improvement of the team.
- Prompt and thorough liability investigations collating all available evidence to arrive at an accurate assessment of liability.
- Application of accurate reserving.
- Ability to capture and record key data ensuring its integrity throughout the lifecycle of the claim.
- Excel against customer service level expectations and taking ownership of all inbound communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Ensure thorough chronological record keeping of all activity within file claim notes.
- Ensure effective communication to Policyholder of all claim decisions and progression.
- Accurate quantum assessment on presented claims.
- Maintain effective diary management to minimise claims lifecycle.
Application of technical knowledge:
- Expertly assess policy indemnity.
- Identification of fraud indicators.
- Proficiently investigate and assess liability drawing upon knowledge of relevant section of the highway code and case law.
- Application of reserving philosophy.
- Be proficient in the use and application of Visualfiles and other inelegance systems.
- Ability to interrogate expert reports and apply findings to both liability and quantum elements of the claim.
- Knowledge of the civil procedure rules with regards to offers, acceptances and litigation risks.
- Good working knowledge of the Judicial Studies Guide to facilitate accurate quantification of personal injury claims.
- Meet set targets in respect to the following:
- Inbound and outbound call volumes.
- Managing inbound written communication within set service level agreements.
- Diary management.
- Endorse and drive company values and behaviours.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to fact find and analyse information to result in accurate decision making.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Persuasive, strong and confident communicator.
- PC literate with excellent administration and processing skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Proficient use of initiative
- Demonstrate the maturity to be capable of working under a minimum of supervision.
- Preferred Cert CII qualified or working towards.
- Minimum three years experience managing personal injury motor claims or within a role with transferable skills.