Shop Volunteer - Inveraray
Would you like to help us by volunteering?
Our new Inveraray shop is opening in February and we need your help
We're looking for volunteers to join our team and help us in in the day to day activities of the shop. Not only will you be part of a fantastic, enthusiastic team, but you'll also get to play a part in helping us raise funds to support people in crisis.
Helping people in crisis begins at your local charity shop.
Full of gifts, clothes and even the odd vintage gem, our 340 shops across the UK are home to over 7,000 volunteers. Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Our aim is to serve every customer with a smile, and to make sure everyone that visits us has a great experience. We're always aware that the money raised in our local shop could directly help someone in crisis.
Typical tasks include
- Moving, sorting and preparing donated items for sale
- Helping our customers and donors
- Displaying items and helping to keep the shop clean, tidy and an attractive place to shop
About the person
We are looking for:
- Someone with good interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Someone with the ability to lift and move stock safely
- No previous experience required
- Min age 15
What We Offer:
- Support to develop your retail skills through our in-house retail Volunteer Journey training and our e-learning facility so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence.
- Meeting and working with warm and friendly like-minded people
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses whilst volunteering (by prior arrangement with the shop manager).
- A 20% discount on donated goods.
- Being a volunteer for the British Red Cross means that you can proudly say you are part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation, and one of our 13 million volunteers across the world.
We support a huge range of people and we recruit for a diverse workforce -including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
Here's a little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in anew country - we're there when you need us. Our goal is to connect human kindness with human crisis.
We're part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
For further information, please emai: r or drop in and see us at Red Cross Shop, Church Square, Inveraray PA32 8TX
Connecting human kindness with human crisis