Deputy Editor - Global Competition Review
Deputy Editor, Global Competition Review
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Based in the heart of lively Notting Hill, we are an award winning global provider of legal content and information services. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal issues at the heart of our business.
We are looking for a Deputy Editor for Global Competition Review, a leading competition law publication, with subscribers in government, the legal industry and the wider business community on six continents. This role reports into the Editor, based in Washington, DC with an editorial team spread across our offices in DC, London and Hong Kong.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global publishing house with regular international travel; and an organisation that is growing quickly yet puts the production of high-level, quality content at the heart of its growth strategy. There is also scope for expansion within GCR’s ambitious growth plans within Europe and spearhead our editorial endeavours there.
What you would be doing:
- Managing a team of journalists in London, assigning and editing daily news stories, publishing those stories online and producing our daily news email to our subscribers
- Responsible for covering and writing the most complex stories - most often one a day
- Help with setting the editorial agenda for our long-form articles including writing such in-depth features
- Play a critical role in the substance and direction of GCR’s broader content set, helping to run our larger annual editorial projects, such as our directory of law firms, the GCR100
- As the most senior editorial person in Europe, you would also be an ambassador with our readers and partners, representing the brand at our conferences and interacting with chairs and speakers and introducing the day.
What we are looking for:
- At least four years’ experience reporting at a business or legal publication, and/or working within a relevant antitrust setting
- Experience working on a competition publication would be advantageous
- Team management and editing experience would be a bonus
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to find sharp angles in stories
- Team-oriented and collaborative outlook in newsrooms, with a willingness to take on a range of tasks, from high-profile cover stories to nuts-and-bolts fact gathering and research
- Leadership and inspirational qualities
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Gym membership
To apply, please send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and copy of your CV through the link below. You must also send us relevant writing samples to be considered for this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.