Class Teacher Part-Time (0.4 fte)
Class Teacher - Part time (0.4fte)
Ark Castledown Primary Academy
Are you someone who has high expectations and a desire to improve the life chances of pupils? Do you want to belong to a school that is continually striving to improve teaching whilst simultaneously reducing teacher workload?
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a popular and over-subscribed school in the heart of Hastings. Castledown is in the top 1% of most improved schools in the country. Outcomes for pupils in EYFS, Phonics, End of KS1 and End of KS2 results exceed the national average.
As Hastings is recognised as an ‘Opportunity Area’, the academy will be pivotal in ensuring our children get the best start in life, no matter what their background.
As part of the Ark schools network, we are committed to making sure that every child has access to an excellent education and real choices in life. We know that great schools need great teaching staff, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career.
We are seeking to appoint a Part Time Class Teacher from April 2019 or September 2019 on a 0.4 part-time, permanent basis (2 days per week).
The successful candidate will:
- care passionately about children, their growth and achievements
- be hard working and adaptable to change
- be an excellent team player
- be willing to embrace a culture of self-reflection and development.
If you have a passion for education, we can offer you both support and challenge to develop further as a classroom teacher and future leader.
We strongly encourage you to visit the academy to meet us and find out more about this post. Please contact Mrs. C. Phillip on 01424 444046 to arrange a visit.
As a teacher at Ark Castledown, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country.
We work hard to recognise hard work
- We strive to recognise your achievements and celebrate your success.
- You will have access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
- We take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice as many training days as standard.
- We provide an array of development programmes for our staff including our NQT, middle leader and senior leader programmes supplying you with the training and support you need to progress throughout your career. We will support you to become the best you can be.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Castledown Primary Academy.
Visit our website, for more information about our school.
Please submit your application online by visiting our website via the button below.
The deadline for applications is 9am on 25th February 2019.
Closing date: 25th February 2019, 9am
Interviews: 1st March 2019
Salary: £24,313 - £35,883 pro rata Ark Main Scale (Outside London)
Actual salary £9,725 - £14,353
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Job Description: Class Teacher
Reporting to: Head of School
Salary: Ark MPS (Outside London) £24,313 - £35,883 pro rata
Disclosure Level: Enhanced
To deliver outstanding teaching and learning and therefore help students achieve excellent academic results and be a role-model/impact the academy more widely.
To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the range of subjects and their application.
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make superior progress
- To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners
- To help to maintain discipline across the whole academy
- To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities - Teaching and Learning
- Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all students
- With direction from the Head of School and within the context of the academies’ curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective teaching modules and lessons
- Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
- Use regular assessments to set targets for students, monitor student progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
- To produce or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
- Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student achievement
- Ensure that all students achieve at least ‘at chronological age level’ or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving ‘at chronological age level’
- Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
- Direct and supervise support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities
- Implement and adhere to the academies behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
- Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations.
- Support the academies’ values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures
- Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
- To be active in issues of student welfare and support
- Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
- Undertake, and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or Head of School.
Person Specification: Class Teacher
- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
- Experience of raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of teaching in the primary phase
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning in their year group though schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc.
- Up to date knowledge in the primary curriculum and an understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour.
- Effective team member
- High expectations for accountability and consistency
- Vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Teaching and Learning
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and reward
- Has good communication, planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Acts as a role model to staff and pupils
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.