Senior Market Analyst
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Senior Market Analyst to lead the development, production and delivery of a range of analysis to support service design, strategy development and business case development in specified technological-driven markets. These analyses could range from market size, to market entry or innovation strategy, to competitor benchmarking and business model analysis.
This will include devising the best methods to achieve the desired outcomes, including: sourcing, compiling, synthesizing, and summarizing data on market size, share, incentives, pricing, competitive product offerings, performance indicators, sector cost structures and addressable market demographics.
A significant part of this role will be establishing strong and productive relations with our stakeholders: SMEs, large businesses and cities. Therefore, you will be solicited for regular internal and external presentations, preparing innovative and engaging ways of presenting information and visualizing market research.
Simultaneously, you will lead in the development of the market research function, building best practices and streamlined processes to store, present and make market research available and accessible across the Catapult. This will also include producing analyses to support the Catapult to understand the markets for new technologies in cities, as part of our corporate and business development functions.
- Lead the development and production of a range of market and strategy analysis as part of commercial and R&D projects and to support service design, strategy development and business case development for specified technological-driven markets
- You will lead in the planning of market horizon scanning activities and support in the planning of market intelligence for the organisation’s programmes like Housing, Planning, Health and Well-Being, Data & Demonstrators
- Act as inhouse expert on market developments in key emerging markets including urban data, Internet of Things, digital tools, city services and smart infrastructure. Along with the digital business models and emerging governance structures.
- Engage with market participants to gather market intelligence and maintain the Catapult’s profile.
- Represent the Catapult at external events and undertake speaking events.
- Conduct internal research and maintain internal databases to support corporate decision making.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level. Masters and background in economics, science or engineering is desirable.
- You will be an expert in your discipline with a track record of delivering high quality analysis and market intelligence assets, like research and strategy reports, thought leadership articles, white papers, etc.
- You will be a professional with a specialist knowledge and experience in two or more of the following: cities, housing, health and well-being, planning, circular economy, innovation, technology, governance and business models.
- Understanding of the market for digital technologies and technology in the urban environment, e.g. Internet of Things, open data and integrated city systems, mobile devices, cloud, analytics, large-scale IoT implementations
- Experience of qualitative research including desktop research and stakeholder interviews, exhibited from published work
- Experience of engaging with multiple stakeholders, including academia, business and government
- Experience of and respect for inter-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work under independently and to supervise team members and agile resources on project content and delivery
- Willing to represent the Catapult externally at speaking engagements and at events
- Have the ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment and provide high-quality support to a wide variety of project stakeholders.
- w/c 25th February 2019 – CV Screening, if you're successful you will be contacted from 25th February 2019
- w/c 4th March 2019 – First Interviews
- w/c 11th March – Potential Second Interview
If you meet the requirements and are keen to join Future Cities Catapult, please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and a Portfolio via our application portal.
****Due to the nature of this position we may be required to close this vacancy before the advertised deadline date so if you are interested you would be encouraged to apply as soon as possible****
*********This is a 12 month Fixed Term Maternity Contract**********************