Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Talented group lead infrastructure engineer required by a large manufacturing company who are currently undertaking a number of exciting IT projects. Typical projects include upgrading McAfee ePo server, creating VPN's, server 2008/2016 migrations, and the installation of ADFS services to support SSO/MFA.
The business are an established brand who are currently going through a period of expansion, they manufacture a range of high specification products and are a genuine market leader in their sector. The group is financially stable and have the backing of a successful parent company.
As the hands-on group infrastructure lead, you will be responsible for the group's infrastructure across all sites, working closely with the group IT director. Providing and promoting technical solutions to support the business while being customer focused. Responsibilities: -
- Responsible for all the group's network systems, hardware and software.
- Strategically leading the infrastructure function and defining the overall business goals with the IT director.
- Managing and documenting the backups, disaster recovery services and continuity planning.
- Maintaining other IT related systems including, email Office365 / antivirus, firewall, BI hardware and telephone systems.
- Providing technical lead and customer support.
- Sourcing and managing external vendors for IT equipment and services
- Providing 1st line support when required for all systems where necessary.
- Provide local reassurance and technical support promoting smooth running of all IT systems including and not limited to ADSL and telephone PBX.
To successfully apply for the group lead infrastructure engineer you will need: -
- Hands-on experience of multi-site network systems and infrastructure, including the ability to build/configure Microsoft servers.
- Strong knowledge of Veeam backup and recovery, disaster recovery and continuity planning
- Excellent working knowledge of McAfee antivirus, encryption, DLP and ATP.
- Experience with Barracuda and or ADFS would be an advantage.
- Must be willing to travel on a fairly regular basis, e. once every 6/8 weeks (UK and abroad)
In return, the group lead infrastructure engineer will receive a salary of up to £50,000, a bonus of up to 10%, and company pension.
Please click on the apply button to progress your application for the group lead infrastructure engineer position.
By applying you are giving consent for Sigma Recruitment to contact you regarding this job and other jobs we are working on.