Reporting to the Directors, you will be responsible for the day to day financial stability of the Company. You will have prime responsibility for the management of the Office Staff. You will produce various financial reports and MI and will develop strategies to improve the control systems and cost structures in place. You will also support the Directors in determining future business direction and growth targets based on financial and market research.
Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the Company. This will include:
- Managing payroll for upwards of 20 staff;
- Ensuring customer reporting and payment is managed. A key part of this is the day to day debt control and reporting to the responsible Director.
- Manage the invoicing for the company and track the payments
- Developing purchasing strategies, and managing receipt, control and payment of Invoices. Working with the responsible Director to ensure all Invoices are accurate and credits are pursued where necessary
- Managing the day to day stability of the Accounting Package.
- Manage the office staff, including regular Debt Management meetings with documented actions
- Manage the relationship with the Banks.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement;
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company;
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends;
- Provide insightful information and expectations to Directors to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly reports including control of the VAT returns. Liaise with the appointed accountants and auditors as required;
- Present reports to Directors with logical explanations and recommendations;
- Improve and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company;
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations, and ensure the Company complies with other relevant legislation
Finance Officer Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant preferred, but candidates who can demonstrate a successful track record in a similar role will be considered.;
- Experience in running a small business office;
- Proven Leadership and Employee Management skills;
- A strong aptitude for numbers and accountability.
- Worked in a fast moving, SME sized organisation.
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting packages
- Demonstrate embedded knowledge and practical application of:
- Business principles and practices,
- Attention to detail;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Analytical skills
The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow in the company.